14 October 2019
DOST-SEI Director Josette Biyo in a photo op with officials from C&E Publishing and the student innovators who will compete in this year’s imake.wemake competition.
15 senior high school teams from public and private schools in the country were selected to participate in the five-day training/workshop on Arduino programming on September 9-13, 2019 at the Century Park Hotel in Manila.
The event is part of imake.wemake, an innovative technology project contest organized by the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) in partnership with C&E Publishing, Inc.
The qualifying school teams are Adelle Grace Montessori School, Bayambang National High School, Far Eastern University High School-Manila, Liceo-De La Salle Senior High School, Malinta National High School, Manila Science High School, New Era University-General Santos, New Era University-Lipa City, New Era University-Main Campus, Pavia National High School, Philippine Science High School-Central Luzon Campus, Ramon Magsaysay Cubao High School, Rizal High School, Science Technology Education Center Cebu, and St. Scholastica’s Academy Marikina.
08 October 2019
Go for Gold. DOST-SEI Deputy Director Albert Mariño encourages national organizers to seek support from DOST and motivates Olympiad winners to go for gold in future competitions.
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) through the Science Education Institute (SEI) recognized nine groups behind the remarkable victories of Philippine Teams in four international science and mathematics competitions.
The national organizers are:
1. Mathematical Society of the Philippines (MSP)
2. Kapisanang Kimika ng Pilipinas, Inc. (KKP)
3. Philippine Association of Chemistry Teachers, Inc. (PACT)
4. Integrated Chemists of the Philippines (ICP)
5. Philippine Federations of Chemistry Societies, Inc. (PFCS)
6. National Institute of Physics (NIP-UPD)
7. Samahang Pisika ng Pilipinas (SPP)
8. Department of Biology, School of Science and Engineering, Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU)
9. Ateneo Biological Organization (BOx)